Sunday 10 October 2010

Feeling Sentimental

Probably due to this, Ben Toms's shots of 'London Couples' in issue seven of Vogue Hommes Japan are looking even more exquisite.

 Prime examples of the cliché: 'a picture tells a thousand words', Tom's shots encapsulated the strength, love and protection entwined within each relationship so effortlessly they made me stop and stare in my metaphorical online tracks. I'm fast becoming a huge fan of his work and these are some of the most intense and emotive captures of the power of partnership I've ever seen.

Here are a few that stood out to me, enjoy!

Vanya and Poli.

This one, my personal favourite of 'Jack and Janina' reminds me of a Victorian family painting. Her expression is so serene and incredibly beautiful. Probably doesn't hurt that the embellishment on that jumper is also divine.

Maeve and Jack

Danny and Letty: like a dysfunctional couple desperately trying to act composed for a posed portrait.
Little else to add.

No comments:

Post a Comment