Wednesday 25 August 2010

Vive La Clémence!

Having been cut off from civilisation for a while I've only just discovered that my beloved Clémence Poésy is to play Chuck Bass's new Parisian love interest in Gossip Girl season four. As a long-standing fan/obsessive I can't wait to see how she does and can't think of anyone more perfect for the role. She's definitely going to get the recognition she is due from a huge audience now and I shall unashamedly feel slightly smug that I've adored her since she was Fleur Delacour. I don't know whether it's the hair, the fact she's French, her elusive and dignified attitude in interviews or that everything just seems to work so effortlessly on her. For me, she's the epitome of understated chic: eclectic without it looking laboured, with a clear appreciation for style classics and just scruffy enough to know she's probably not slept nor washed her hair for a few days and is just really good at diguising it. Excuse me whilst I waste the next hour poring over Google images and try desperately to keep my gushing to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment